Monday, February 2, 2009

Southeast Conclave

I attended the Southeat Conclave last week on January 29, 30, and 31 in Atlanta, Georgia. There were some great speakers in Francis Chan, Chap Clark, and Ergun Caner along with great worship led by Todd Agnew and emcee Brock Gill (illusionist). I enjoyed my 3 days there and really got alot out of the time in seminars and worship. God spoke to me in some clear ways regarding our student ministry, campus outreach, mentoring, and the love of Christ for all! I am so excited to put into place some of the things God laid on my heart while I was there. I became convicted over the thought that everything I do for our student ministry needs to be Jesus-centered and the complete focus of all the programs and events we have. Everytime we get together we have to have the focus of Jesus to make our time together worthy and successful. In ministry, we get caught up in the events and details while forgetting the real reason for the events and programs. Jesus is the focus and must be evident in all that we do.

No comments: