Friday, January 8, 2010

Where Do I Find Truth?


We had a great night at FUEL this week. We had 40 students show up for a normal Wednesday night service. The atmosphere was great with some great praise songs led by a student, Kelli Crawford, who did a wonderful job. The feeling in the room was awesome with the students watching and listening with great intent. I shared with the students about "Where Can You Find Absolute Truth?" We looked at several passages of Scripture regarding the Word of God. I used 2 Peter 1:12-15 as the main passage to show how Peter had such a great desire for people to read God's Word even up until his impending death. I shared my personal experiences with the Bible and how it is life-changing, transforming, and encouraging. I explained how the we, as believers, need to get alone and in silence with the Word of God. The Words will come to life and we should tremble at His Words (Isaiah 66:2). I pray that we all learned how we need to be alone with God so that He can transform our lives. I also pray that we have a passion for each other to grow in the Lord. We need to have an accountability to one another for us all to be like Christ.

No comments: