Monday, March 2, 2009

My Ordination Service

Last night, Sunday March 1, I was ordained at Broadway Baptist Church in Lexington, KY. Pastor John Birchett led the service with the Drex Kemplin, the chairman of the deacons, giving the candidate presentation on behalf of the deacons, Pastor John, Music Minister Jeff Randolph, and Brother James Heard after my completion of the council on February 21st. The service was great. Pastor John spoke out of 2 Timothy 2:14-30. Rebecca Seitz, Kevin Tolliver, and Megan Davis read scripture during the service as well. Brother Jeff led the singing with Amazing Grace, How Great Thou Art, Just as I am, and others. I was encouraged by the number of ordained men (pastor, music minister, and deacons) that prayed for me while laying their hands on me. I received a Bible and an Ordination certificate from the church. A reception of Chic-Fil-A nuggets, cupcakes, and fruit foolowed the service. My parents and grandparents, Lori's parents and grandparents, and my sister-in-law, brother-in-law, and niece Madelyn were all in attendance for the occasion. It was a great night for glorifying God and I pray that I can continue to do so.

No comments: