Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Finish the Fight

I just returned from a Strength to Stand Conference operated by the Scott Dawson Evangelistic Association. The theme was "Finish the Fight" and the entire eperience was amazing! My students loved the entire experience. We were able to hear great speakers: Jose Zayas, Dave Edwards, Scott Dawson, and David Nasser. We also heard some great worship leaders in Matt Papa and Shane & Shane along with a concert by Jeremy Camp. "Finish the Fight" is a Biblical model found in 2 Timothy 4:7, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith." We are called to endure until the end and finish the fight. We are given the strength to do so through Christ Jesus and we must keep our faith in Him with our eyes on the prize. The prize of the crown of righteousness is a reward which will be given to me on the day of my judgment. My goal is to stand before God and Him to say "well done my good and faithful servant." I will not be perfect in my endeavor but I must try each and every day to accomplish something for the kingdom of Jesus Christ.

No comments: